Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Undignified me

My new short beak is causing me problems – I want to climb the walls of my cage and keep falling off! My hook extension is missing!

Well, let’s start at the beginning of today - I went to see Dr Peter again.

Oh the indignity. I refused as always to step onto a hand, so he put his hand into my cage with a towel in it. He grabbed me with the towel and didn’t let go even though I tried to bite him. Out I came against my will – and he wrapped me in another towel. I struggled and got myself onto my back – still they held me. Mum too! A pair of clippers came towards me, all gleaming silver. And suddenly – my beak was much shorter. It bled a bit – Dr Peter soon stopped that by pushing on it, putting a cotton bud on it and then putting some stuff on the cotton bud and putting it on my beak end. It stopped bleeding immediately. I was then put back into my cage – it was hard to get untangled from the towel then, but I managed it. Climbed the walls of course, and fell off as above. Took me a few times to work out what was happening. So, I stood still and danced – which Dr Peter liked. I would not talk to him though. No way. He said when I was leaving, he’d see me about the end of April. Hope not! I licked my short beak end whilst Mum was paying – gee it is strange. Takes a few days to get used to it each time it is shortened.

I sulked inside my little cage when I got home. All day! But it is warm and cosy in here now with the fire stove lit, and nice dinner smells, and the TV on. Life is not so bad – and Mum just gave me some spinach. I forgive all!

Bibbie – the shorter beaked bird!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Bibbie. It isn't nice when people clip you. Last time I had my toenails clipped my Dad cut one too close and made it bleed. It hurt but I made him feel SO GUILTY that I got many extra treats... it was almost worth it. The worst bit was the indignity - he CUDDLED me (how dare he!), making me lie on my back in his lap for half an hour, holding my leg up with tissue on my toe to make sure it stopped.

Bibbie said...

Bertrand your Dad is near me now but we have not yet met - we both hope he can come and see me before he gets back on that big big bird for that long flight back to you. I want to pass on my greetings to you more directly than blogs and comments!

Iwhat is it with these people? they think they can make us lie on our backs whenever they say! I hope you made it hard for him. I bet you did - I have heard you growled and charged him once when he made you angry and then thumped hard for several minutes. that should have told him off good and propper. Clever Bert - the rabbit that growls!

Love

Bibbie